Bay Choral Guild Auditions
Experienced singers are cordially invited to audition with the Bay Choral Guild. There are openings for all voices. Bay Choral Guild holds auditions for new members in September, December, and March. We are also happy to hear singers periodically throughout the season. Auditions are by appointment only. Auditions for the Fall Quarter of the 2013-2014 season will be held Monday, September 9, from 6:30 to 7:30 pm.
In your audition you will be asked to sing a prepared piece of any style that shows your vocal ability and musicality; classical selections are preferred. You will also be asked to do some vocalizing and sight-reading. The audition lasts 10-12 minutes. An accompanist will be provided.
- Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 650-493-6012 for more information and to schedule an appointment. We will want to know:
- Voice part and previous choral/musical experience
- How you heard about us
- Schedule an audition time
- Attend audition
- Results will be communicated at time of audition or via email in the days following your appointment
- We will send applicable registration forms and documents
- Dues: $125 per quarter
- Music: $30 or less per quarter
- Uniform tunic for women: $40 (men wear tuxedo purchased on their own)
Scholarships available. Application and screening required. Special scholarships offered to high school and collegiate singers accepted into the Guild (audition required).